Translate

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Doll Clothes On Display Summer 2015

My collection of handmade doll clothes is on display during the months of June and July at the Westwood, NJ library.  This is the fifth year that the dolls have made an appearance at an area library.  The collection features outfits that I have knit or sewn using patterns from the 1930's through those available today including several that I have designed.

Here's a glimpse at the display.

The 18 inch dolls including the American Girl doll.  There's more detailed information about her dress with the blue sweater and her purse here.








And the Green coat pictured below is posted here.
 The Barbie collection includes this simple knit dress pattern that is featured here.
 On the right is my Primrose.  The Book, I Learn to Knit to Dress my Doll Primrose is discussed here.  This book dates to the early 1940's.



And my Mary Hoyer Doll and her book of patterns.  This is a true source of inspiration for me.  Read about this in detail here.







It is my hope that the display will delight and inspire young people to learn to knit and sew and those that already do to share their skills with a young person.

No comments:

Post a Comment